Monday, April 2, 2012

Repentance

I forgot to blog this last weekend and this is me repenting. I found that last week was very eye opening to my nuclear family circumstances. Divorce and separation have only targeted my life from outside my immediate family. My mom's parents split just before her and my dad got married. My uncle had a messy economical divorce over 5 years ago and both of my closest friends had gone through it. I wish now that I would have had this class and learned the things I learned this week when I was in middle school (and been able to understand and apply the concepts). This may be alot to wish but I feel that I could have been a great influence on my friends. I felt very useless when they would talk about the troubles they were having at home and the feelings they were having.
My best friend in middle school had a blended family and after hearing the guidelines to follow as a blended family, I see the direct negative effects of them not abiding by those guidelines. The biggest I see is the disrespect that my friend has for her step father. He is a righteous priesthood holder but she has always felt that he was there to control her. He didn't build a relationship with his step-daughter before acting as the disciplinarian.
I think that understanding the effects that can take place and the reasons why these guidelines are made can be quite helpful in our everyday lives. Even if I was going into child therapy, I could use this information to help friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment